Cambium Networks PTP 800
Licensed Ethernet Microwave for Multi- Service Networks
Today’s converged multi-service networks need high capacity, availability, reliability, and security with low latency and true affordability. Our Cambium PTP 800 Licensed Ethernet portfolio has been designed to ensure that today’s evolving networks can benefit from the highest level of IP-optimized microwave solutions available in the market. For public safety agencies, government entities, enterprises, and service providers who demand licensed exclusivity, high-bandwidth, scalability, and affordability, the PTP 800 Series can meet all of your network and bandwidth requirements.
Because our portfolio supports both Split Mount and All-Indoor architectures, network operators can choose a solution that best accommodates their unique business needs. Whether providing connectivity to long distance locations, backhauling video, or providing last-mile access, the PTP 800 and PTP 800i All-Indoor solutions have the capabilities and features to meet today’s IP requirements and tomorrow’s Next Generation Network needs.
Operating in the 6 to 38 GHz RF bands* at up to 368 Mbps throughput (full duplex) and with user-configured channel bandwidths from 7 to 56 MHz, the Cambium PTP 800 Series offers operators a highly reliable licensed band solution. With upgradeable capacity from 10 Mbps to full capacity via a software key, the systems offer exceptional cost efficiency and scalability. The PTP 800i All-Indoor system delivers up to 236 Mbps (full duplex) over configurable channel bandwidths from 10 to 40 MHz. In addition, Cambium offers comprehensive FCC licensing coordination services through our partnership with Comsearch.
PTP 800 features:
- 1+1 – Includes 1+1 Hot Standby links, 2+0 redundant links in a ring or mesh configuration plus non-redundant links. Hot Standby links are designed to provide full redundancy in the event of a single Compact Modem Unit (CMU) or an Outdoor Unit (ODU) failure at one or both ends of the link.
- Effective system design – With the smallest Compact Modem Unit (CMU) in the industry, the small form factor design helps remove customer dependency on rack space.
- Capacity as you grow throughput – Flexible stepping options allow operators to purchase a standard 10 Mbps factory set cap and then increase capacity as needed based on throughput demands ensuring exceptional scalability.
- Asymmetric control – Where users download more information than they upload, operators can assign different throughput capacities for the up and down links.
- No surprises link planning – Optimize licensed link performance prior to purchase and gain a complete view of your network via Google Earth with the PTP LINKPlanner. This tool also provides a complete Bill of Materials (BOM) that lists all equipment required for the deployment simplifying the order process and providing important link information needed for FCC and other regulatory bodies.
- Security Options
- FIPS-197 128/256-bit AES encryption
- FIPS 140-2
- Low Latency < 115us @ full capacity with 64 bytes
- Flexible network management – Remote management via web browser. Optional Cambium Wireless Manager or other third party tools are available for management purposes.
- “Zero-Downtime” Adaptive Modulation – Automatic shifting of modulation and/or coding rate as radio path conditions change enable transmitters and receivers to negotiate highest mutually sustainable data rate.